You can make your spaghetti right from the jar. Sometimes I use the jar and add some of my own seasonings like oregano and fennel. You can also make your own spaghetti sauce in the Crock pot. I will post a link when I decide to make that version of it. I only recently found canned tomatoes. They don't have them at Lotte Mart but I found them at Home Plus. I will have to check out the prices and see if it is worth making your own.
For the meat you can buy the hamburger at LotteMart or you can get it at Costco. It is cheaper to buy it at Costco. We buy a large pack sperate it into 1/2 lb servings, place them in individul zip lock bags, put all the smaller bags in a larger freezer zip lock and place them in the freezer.
1 jar of Spaghetti Sauce
1 package of spaghetti noodles
1/2 lb of hamburger
1 tbs oregano (optional)
1 tbs fennel (optional)
1 onion diced (optional)
1 tbs garlic minced (optional)
1/2 tbs salt (optional)
1 tbs olive oil (optional)
- Brown the hamburger until it is no longer pink
- Add the onion and cook until soft
- Add the jar of spaghetti sauce and the remaining ingredients.
- You can serve it right away over noodles or let it simmer for a whole day. The longer you let it simmer the better it will taste. If you don't add your own seasonings don't worry about simmering it.
- To cook the pasta bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the desired amount of noodles. You can break them in half to help them fit in your pan.
- Cook until desired doneness. About 10 minutes.
- You can add olive oil to the pot to keep the noodles from sticking.
- When the noodles are done serve them with the spaghetti sauce over it.