- Heat the butter in a large skillet on medium heat
- Add the rice and fry
- Add all other ingreadents except the egg and cook until soft
- Beat the eggs in a bowl
- When all other items are cooked create a well in the middle of your skilllet and scramble the eggs.
- When the eggs are cooked mix them with the rest of the mixture.
- For flavoring you can add a little soy sauce or season salt.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Skillet Fried Rice
I love fried rice. This is one of those dishes where you open up your refrigerator and pantry and see what you can throw into the pan. It is great if you have left over white rice.
2 cups of cooked white rice
2 Tbs of butter
The following items are optional:
1 can of corn
1 can of spam, ham, cubed chicken or bacon
Mushrooms of your choice
1/4 cup of white or green onions
Any left over vegatables you might have
Sea salt or salt