5 potatoes, rinsed and chopped. Don't peel them.
1 whole large onion, diced
1/2 cube of butter (I used a whole cube and it was too much)
2 sliced green onions
Lots of mushrooms of your choice, there are plenty in Korea (I used 3 different kinds)
Season salt, or regular salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup diced ham or tenderloin (optional)
1/4 cup colby jack cheese (optional)
1/4 cup chedder cheese (optional)
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Mix the onions, green onions, mushrooms, garlic and meat together in a bowl. I was going to layer these items like a lasagna, but didn't have time and it turned out great like this.
- Layer your mixtures in the following order potatoes first, then add a dash of salt or season salt
- Next add the veggie/meat mixture.
- Place a pat or two of butter on the next layer.
- Sprinkle with cheese. You can mix all three cheeses together. I choose one cheese for each layer.
- Continue placing the layers in the above order until the pot is full.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk over the top.
- Cooking on high for at least 3 hours or until the potatoes or soft. You can also cook it on low for eight hours.
Here are some of the ingredients. Right after I took this picture I looked in the fridge and found several other items that I wanted to add.
This is what the pot looked like after I filled it up and before cooking it.